Greensboro, North Carolina

Saturday, November 9, 2013

OK, So we looked around and found a little color!

   Well actually, we found a lot of color. You be the judge whether it's better or worse than other years. We finally had a sunny day and some time to venture out to some of our favorite places for fall color. Every year is different and we get a unique perspective of  familiar places. One of our favorite spots is in the Carlson Dairy Rd area near the Greensboro CC Farm Golf Course. A side road winds down a maple lined street and past a beautiful pond surrounding a green on the course. I feel at peace when I am there, and it truly never looks the same from year to year.
   It is getting close to the Thanksgiving season and, it is days like today that remind me that we have so much to be thankful for. When I am surrounded by God's amazing artistry applied by His paintbrush, I remember how much we have been blessed, and how much we have to be thankful for.
   I hope that you enjoy some of these  as much as I do.

These are from a 20 acre horse farm that I recently sold to a client in Walkertown NC,






This next group is from the campus of Guilford College near where we live.



This old oak on the campus has probably been here since before the college was founded in 1837.

The next group are of a red maple in NW Greensboro that I call "Katie's tree". A lady in my office stopped by 3-4 years ago and said, "You ought to take a picture of this tree I pass on my way to work".  I did and I have every year since.




 
Our favorite community in the fall is the area surrounding the Greensboro Club Farm Course in NW Greensboro. You start out down a maple lined street and wind up on the border of the golf course. These are few of our favorite views we saw today.








 
Midway down this road the you pass the pond on the golf course that usually provides a serene moment that makes you pause.








 
We were both taking pictures and we took a pic when the other wasn't looking.

 
Her are some miscellaneous shots just to round things off. I hope you have enjoyed sharing this beautiful time of year with us.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment